VIETNAM VETIVER NETWORK
Vietnam Vetiver Network _ VNVN is a for – purpose organization, established since 1999 by Mr Ken Crismier. From 2001 to 2011, this position was handed over by Dr. Pham Hong Duc Phuoc (Nong Lam University) and Dr. Tran Tan Van (Vietnam Institute of Geosciences and Mineral Resources). In 2011, the coordinator post was assigned to MSc. Tran Van Man.
VNVN has below functions:
- Apply and develop Vetiver System’s applications for protection against erosion and landslides for highways, river banks, canals; preventions from sandstorms for coastal areas; application in agriculture (moistening and increasing soil fertility); treatment of contaminated soil/water; and other applications of grass.
- Consult and provide Vetiver technical instructions.
- Provide suggestions to state administrators and policymakers on measures to mitigate natural disasters, protect infrastructure, promote sustainable agriculture, and treat pollution.
- Support and encourage scientists in the fields of construction, transportation, irrigation, agriculture, and other related fields to further study Vetiver technologies.
As for community projects, VNVN commit:
- A network of experienced experts and technicians;
- Vetiveria Zizanioides with proven quality;
- In time advise until the System is fully established;
- Specialized fertilizer for Vetiver;
- We communicate honestly and forthrightly. We talk what we believe, and do what we talk.
After some of the successful applications, Vetiver Grass has been used widely in nearly 50 provinces in Viet Nam.
In 2001 and 2003, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and Ministry of Transportation respectively issued the Decisions to officially allow the use of Vetiver in disaster mitigation and infrastructure protection.
Upon being granted US$20,000 by The Vetiver Network International (TVNI), in 2016, Chairman of Da Nang’s People Committee signed the Decree No. 6064/QĐ-UBND to establish Da Nang Vetiver Development Foundation (DVDF). This event has moved Vietnam Vetiver Network forward to a fully operating organization.
- In 2006, Dr. Nguyen Viet Truong, Elise Pinners and Dr. Tran Tan Van have published the book entitled “Vetiver System – Technical Reference Manual”. This book covers all aspects of the Vetiver System and has been translated into 9 languages.
- At the Climate Change Conference in Paris in December 2015, the book on “Vetiver Grass System for Quality – Restrictions and Treatment of Soil and Water Contamination – the 2nd edition “ was published by Paul Truong (Australia) and Luu Thai Danh (Vietnam).
- In 2016, Assoc. Dr. Le Viet Dung (Can Tho University) published the book “Vetiver Grass (Chysopogon zizanioides) and Applications in Vietnam”. The book brings together all the research and practical applications of Vetiver in Vietnam for more than 10 years.
- Vetiver Champion, ICV4, 2006
- Disaster Mitigation Prize, ICV4, 2006
- Certificate of Technical Excellence Class 1
- Professional Certificate of Vetiver System Bioengineering